Migrate On-premises Hyperion Planning to PBCS
Do you have an on-premises Oracle Hyperion Planning application that you are thinking about moving to the cloud? PARC’s experts have designed a standardized approach to migrate your existing Oracle Hyperion Planning applications to Oracle’s PBCS. The PARCWay Merge program is a streamlined migration that enables our clients to be up and running in the cloud in just weeks.
Once you have made the decision to move an existing on-premises Oracle Hyperion Planning application to the cloud, it is necessary to decide on an approach. While the “lift-and-shift” of an existing application to a new environment is possible, we recommend taking this opportunity to:
- Evaluate your current requirements
- Identify gaps in current functionality
- Optimize your PBCS application.
Key considerations when moving on-premises Hyperion Planning applications to Planning Budgeting Cloud Services (PBCS) include:
- An opportunity to deploy new PBCS functionality
- The rationalization of existing reports, scripts, and forms
- The alignment of the existing Planning application(s) with your current business processes.
The PARCway Merge includes:
- Inventory of objects in the existing on-premises Planning application
- Migration of Oracle Hyperion Planning application to PBCS
- Automation of test to production PBCS migration
- Automation of metadata and loads
- Migration of graphical business rules and calculation scripts to calculation manager rules
- Automation of the nightly/weekly processes
- Migration of security
- Migration of financial reports
- Training for core team members
- Documentation of all PBCS application components