- June 14, 2019
- Posted by: Eric Wagner
- Category: IT Consulting
PARC’s Digital Transformation
PARC is just like any other organization; we are navigating the fast-paced and rapid evolution of technology change while delivering value to customers. The integration of digital technology across all aspects of the business landscape has caused fundamental changes to our operating model and how we serve our customers. PARC’s strategy and response include embracing technologies that increase agility and speed, which ultimately impact our business operations and improve our overall ability to respond to customer needs.
Delivering professional services has been part of PARC’s genetic makeup for two decades. Our management and delivery teams have considerable experience in various industries, have spent years in the legacy business model and are now living the present tectonic-like shift that is affecting all parts of daily life and business conditions. For professional services, the legacy model, pre-Fourth Industrial Revolution, was relatively stable. Companies purchased packaged software applications that required the acquisition of hardware, standing up computer servers in on-premises company-owned data centers.
Clients generally provided the resources to complete basic installation of operating systems, network configuration, and DBA’s completed the initial configuration. Consulting companies provided resources to complete the packaged software installation and configuration, along with some business process review and then design, build, test, and go-live project lifecycle. Post go-live, companies required assistance with project items like adding functionality for new requirements or bringing acquisitions into the system.
Every few years, the software and hardware required upgrades. All of this meant if you did your job correctly and the customer was happy, reoccurring project work and a reasonably stable business model. Managing a professional services firm and being a resource in that firm meant your job was fairly predictable.
Digital Season of Change
All of this changed however as the technologies that underpin the fourth industrial revolution have accelerated innovation and the speed of disruption. Now, companies are moving away from hosting their own data centers. Cloud and SaaS applications are providing more out of the box functionality requiring less implementation time. System and application upgrades entail very little time and investment for the customer. These changes in the business and technical landscape have generated a considerable impact on the legacy professional services model, and PARC is embracing digital transformation to evolve with the industry.
As a result, these are some of the ways PARC is adjusting its business operations:
- PARC has created a Managed Services offering that is completely customizable. Customers can tailor the service to fit their needs and budget. SaaS solutions provide robust functionality at zero development and maintenance costs for PARC and provide a transparent and collaborative ticketing system. This has lowered overall delivery costs. Many of our resources can be in the field consulting and quickly assist with customer tickets (technology has enabled this, making us agile). EPM Capacity Consulting is an add-on feature, which provides the ability to supplement a customers team for minor engagements at reduced costs. This allows a customer the freedom to have expertise at their disposal without long term resource commitment and expensive SOW’s.
- PARC has developed a project monitoring tool for improved analytics. It uses a combination of open source tools, Cloud and SaaS solutions, to provide management with a real-time pulse of every project, including dashboards and alerting.
- PARC leverages Microsoft Teams as a tool for internal and external customer collaboration. Standardizing on this tool for collaboration makes sense because so many of our clients use Microsoft, and it allows for instant communication and information sharing.
- PARC is working on several internal projects that use innovative and bleeding-edge technologies to solve some common problems. This encourages our resources to identify processes that can benefit from digital transformation and for them to experiment more.
- PARC is retraining resources for Cloud certifications, open-sourced tools, and on-boarding new talent to move at the speed of the market.
It doesn’t matter what type of business you operate or the size of your organization, everybody is affected by digital transformation. PARC is adapting quickly and will continue to enrich our digital plan, upskill, bring on new talent, improve our delivery methods and implement the proper emerging technologies. The changes associated with digital evolution are essential to improving the overall customer experience, delivering value and remaining competitive.
PARC looks forward to working with its customers to continue our growth and assist in their journey as well.